Roxie vs. Japan

All things related to living in Japan.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madrid, Spain

I am actively trying to find my home. I lived in Kanazawa, Japan for almost 3 years and now live in Madrid, Spain.

Monday, March 20, 2006

the joys and pitfalls of eating alone

ordering an entire freshly caught white snapper and then eating the entire thing!

on the beach there is a sign - It says- BBQ! there is a grill and fire going strong. there is a large bowl type thing filled with ice and all of the choices for today. prawns, white snapper, red snapper, chicken, and baracuda! i ask the lady who is running the show, 'What's good?' She says, I like the white snapper. White snapper it is - She finds a small fish for me - have to order the whole thing - weighs it, grills it, so so good! served with a very spicy red pepper- garlic sauce. i eat the whole thing. i don't have to share a bit of it!

the waves are lapping at the shore. my feet are in the sand. the stars are so bright and so plentiful. i don't even crack my book, i just enjoy the feeling, the solitude, the self-assurance, the delicious spicy, freshness of the fish. it goes perfectly with the singha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roxie said...

then i would have to share some of my fish!
or, we could have ordered two different fish and shared.... that would have been nice.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home