Roxie vs. Japan

All things related to living in Japan.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madrid, Spain

I am actively trying to find my home. I lived in Kanazawa, Japan for almost 3 years and now live in Madrid, Spain.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

ready to go

some days ago, i must have gotten water in my ear... maybe while snorkleing on koh pha-ngan, but regardless, the water is still there. my voice sounds distant, everything sounds a bit distant and sort of foggy. i don't feel so good.

also, i am on lamai beach on koh samui. lamai beach is... la-ame. i am not really enjoying it. today i left the resort, its not raining, but it is kind of cloudy. i went to central lamai beach. its just full of bars and tourist centered restaurants, the beach is dirty, the waves are too big to swim in, and my ear is throwing me off. i love the beach, but i think a few days is all one needs. i'm done. i think traveling in a city alone is fine, but a beach alone isn't as much fun. i suppose its good that the last place i go is a place i don't like too much -- makes it easier to leave. i think the last beach i went to with the open pit bbq's, white clean beaches, really blue water, hammocks, has spoiled me. but this beach really isn't that great. i feel like i'm on the jersey shore, except substitue the jersey girls for rude isrealies, australians, brits, and germans.

1 more day here, then a night in bangkok and then home. i probably won't write much unless something extraordinary happens. not really expecting it. had started writing notes about palm trees waving at me over dinner, but i'm not feeling so inspired. back to the pool at the resort. at least its peaceful there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home